Our 5 Favorite Promo Finds from ASI Chicago 2023
Last week, Team Tactive drove up to Chicago to visit the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) regional show and to connect with swag suppliers and discover the hottest trends in the promotional products industry. We roamed the exhibition hall to find the most innovative, unique brands and items to bring your brand to (real) life. Check out our favorites below!
Robin's Favorite - Tap Tee
This new take on the traditional tee has a hidden feature in the sleeve! From Threadfast Apparel, an Alphabroder brand, the Tap Tee features a tiny, programable, waterproof NFC chip in the left sleeve – so you can send anyone to the website, app, social post or any other landing page of your choice with just a tap.
Robin, Tactive’s VP of Sales & Marketing, can’t wait to use the Tap Tee to bring event activation to the next level with an interactive call-to-action that doesn’t require a QR code.
How can you use the Tap Tee?
- Outfit your volunteers with easy access to a Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Level up your t-shirt giveaway with the chance to tap and win a high-end prize.
- Include in an employee onboarding kit for an innovative way to direct new employees to resources.
Check out the video of Robin demonstrating the Tap Tee in (real) life!
Rebecca's Favorite - Sweeter Cards
What’s better than getting a nice note? What about a nice note with a sweet treat inside! Sweeter Cards has raised the (chocolate) bar in the greeting card game by including ethically sourced and locally made dark chocolate inside each card.
Marketing Manager Rebecca loves how Sweeter Cards cares about the community in addition to caring about good chocolate. The company is woman-owned, fair trade certified, and works with a local partner to employ adults with disabilities.
How will you send Sweeter Cards?
- Leave a sweet reminder of your visit in a thank you note after a customer meeting.
- Show your appreciation to long-term clients with more than words.
- Tuck a delicious surprise into a self-care kit for your work-from-home team.
Zach's Favorite - Denik Hardcover Notebooks
Denik has taken a stationary staple and made it special: their hardcover notebooks believe that art can change the world. With no minimum order quantity, each notebook supports a community of artists around the world – from featuring art from a high schooler in Houston or funding education experiences in Guatemala.
Whether you select from their curated artist selections or design your own, Account Executive Zach wants to help your brand secure its own high-quality notebooks from Denik!
Who needs a Denik hardcover notebook?
- Surprise your copywriters with notebook that they’ll actually want to use.
- Welcome new art students with blank, dotted, or lined pages bound with a cover featuring design from your alumni.
- Stock the office supply closet with high-quality, branded notebooks.
Monica's Favorite - Members Only
The Members Only brand is back! This 80’s outerwear icon, with its shiny chintz fabric and strap around the collar, has seen a recent revival featuring loud, eye-catching collaborations with big brands and artists. Once known just for its bestselling jackets, the brand now also offers loungewear, hats, and even medical scrubs.
Monica, one of our Client Success Managers, can’t wait to see her client’s logos embroidered on a classic Members Only racer jacket.
Other ways to work with this cool brand:
- See your medical staff dressed in breathable, anti-microbial and branded scrubs that rival other premium outfitters.
- Give a high-end appreciation gift to your best sales performers with a vegan leather jacket.
- Stand out in vintage-inspired neon-colored windbreakers.
Erica's Favorite - Nimble Tech
Technology is a favorite promotional product: a useful item for your customers with high visibility for your brand. Nimble wants your tech choices to benefit the environment too and created mobile phone accessories like chargers and powerbanks made from recycled plastic and wrapped in biodegradable packaging.
Client Success Manager Erica loves that all Nimble products come with a biodegradable bag to recycle all your old tech for free – including e-waste, phone cases, and CDs.
How will you use Nimble Tech to bring your brand to (real) life?
- Bundle multiple charging stations and powerbanks so your employees can stay plugged in, even on the go.
- Include tech in a kit for a memorable and useful holiday gift.
- Show your brand’s dedication to the environment by including Nimble tech with other eco-friendly offerings in your swag supply.